.JPG)
Happy Easter everyone!! I haven't updated for a while so I have a lot of pictures, but I'll just put up our Easter ones for now (since there's a lot of those too). We had church this afternoon, but earlier this morning before church (ours starts at 1pm) we went as a family to feed the ducks down by the river and falls. This is always a favorite of the kids and since it was a nice day we decided to go.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
(this goose was very daring-it ate bread out of all of our hands!)
Then yesterday we did the whole Easter Bunny thing with the kids. When they went down for their naps the "Easter Bunny" came and hid eggs for them. Then when they woke up they got to go and find them. It was funny because they'd be looking for the eggs and one would be right in front of them, and they still couldn't find it. Silly kids. But they enjoyed it and it was fun for us parents too. :-)
.JPG)
Parker with his first egg
.JPG)
Madisyn was oblivious to the other two eggs right in front of her. Of course she was a little busy concentrating on what was inside the egg. :-)
.JPG)
Wow, look at all those eggs!
I think she's saying "candy candy candy!" inside her head right here.
.JPG)
Maddie and Parker with their baskets when they were done.
Since I haven't gotten to decorate a cake lately, I decided to do one for Easter for us. I had a lot of fun doing it, and it actually turned out pretty cute I think!
.JPG)
We also went to visit my grandparents on Friday and Maddie was so funny with my Grandpa (her great-grandpa). She cuddled right up to him and it was so precious! She'd get down after a while and run around, and then she'd climb up to Grandpa again and sit by him and play with him. So cute. She sure does love her Great-Grandpa!
.JPG)
Grandma Elaine was occupied for the first while we were there, but when she was able to come out and visit Maddie loved her up too. What a cuddly girl she is!
.JPG)
Parker, Maddie, and Great-Grandpa Haroldsen
.JPG)
It has always been tradition that around Easter time, the decorative tree that is in my grandparents' house "spouts" jelly beans and becomes "The Jelly Bean Tree." Ben and I helped it spout it's jelly beans this year, and the kids had fun getting down some of the jelly beans that were on it.
Of course Maddie ended up grabbing the tree (you can see her hands around it here) and making almost all the jelly beans fall off (and fall behind the piano that the tree is over). But oh well, what can you do? We are just so grateful that we live my grandparents now and that we have them in our lives to bless us!
4 comments:
That is such a blessing to live so close to the grandparents! I'm sure we will all miss them when we move on across the country. Your pictures with them are so cute. It's amazing how a little girl can feel the love a grandparent has for her and she is not afraid but wants to be close and cuddly with them!
Glad you guys had a good Easter. Oh, I love the tree sprouting idea! I never knew that tree was so special. :)
Happy Easter!
So cute!!!
What a fun holiday! It's great to spend Easter (and all those other family times) with family. I miss the Jelly Bean Tree. Lots of cute pictures!
Post a Comment