It has been quite a long time since I posted (like two months!). I have lots of excuses, but I won't bore anyone with them. :0) We have been doing well and doing lots of things, so this posting is going to be very long!
I took the kids (including Taylor, the little girl I babysit weekdays) to the zoo here in Idaho Falls a few weeks ago. It was actually a pretty good sized zoo for being in such a small town. The kids haven't been to a zoo in a LONG time (and it was Maddie's very first time to a zoo), and they just loved it..JPG)
Parker (3), Taylor (20 months) & Maddie (19 months) by the seals
Madisyn was actually trying to climb up this tiger even though it was way too humongous for her, crazy girl
Spring has brought beautiful weather and we have loved being outside just about everyday. We have surprisingly had a LOT of rain lately though (which is highly unusual for Idaho) and I think we definitely don't have to worry about a drought this year. Luckily when it rains it doesn't usually last all day, so we have still been able to do a lot outside. We bought a tee-ball set for Parker, and Ben took him out one day to try it out. He did pretty good, although his patience wasn't that long for it. He just wanted to swing the bat around after a while (typical boy!). .JPG)
Daddy helping Parker get started
Parker going at it himself
Maddie had fun playing in the rocks while Parker was playing tee-ball
Maddie has been in to trying to dress herself lately. She loves to get her pants and shirt on (with help) and tries so hard to get socks and shoes on by herself. Then a couple of weeks ago I had just gotten the kids out of the bath and had started to get them dressed. I was getting clothes out of their drawers when I looked over and saw Maddie trying to get a pair of Parker's underwear on over her diaper. She was so determined and trying very hard, so I helped her out. She and Parker had quite a fun time running around together with underwear on. It was cute.
Then again the other day when I was putting laundry away, they each grabbed a pair of underwear and put them on their heads as "hats." I hope my kids don't become too obsessed with underwear!!
We babysat my friend's little girl, Joslin. She was 11 months old (I think she just had her 1st birthday) and was WAY cute. Madisyn just loves little babies and just couldn't keep her hands off of Joslin. It was funny because Joslin (who is 8 months younger than Maddie, but has very tall parents) is as big as Maddie.
best friends forever??
Parker got his very first nursery wound. Of course, it was self inflicted. The kids were cleaning up the blocks and he was helping, but also running around while he was "helping." He went to put a block in the container and fell forward and landed on the edge of it. He had a fat lip (as you can see), his tooth punctured the outside of his lip, he had a big red bruise there, and he had a black bruise on his gums above his front tooth. It was a lot of bleeding just because of the location, but he tried to be brave. He's got a scar there from it now, but hopefully he will have learned not to run around in church!
This is just a funny picture I thought I'd include. When Parker gets in trouble, he goes in "time-out" and recently I've added putting his nose on the wall when he's really in trouble (it's quite more effective than just regular time-out). Madisyn thinks it's cool (she thinks anything Parker does is cool), so she often goes over and joins him and I have to stop her so she doesn't distract Parker. This particular day, however, they were BOTH being bad so when she went over and joined him, I let her.
We also got off of Craigs List a new toy for our house. The kids have had so much fun with it. It takes up our entire living room so we bring it out completely only sometimes, but we'll let them play with just parts of it sometimes too (like we have just the tent out, or the "house" and one of the tubes, etc.
The other day I had just the tubes out for the kids and they were being so silly with them. They love to stand inside of them while they "hide" and then they pop out of them which of course produces lots of laughs and giggles. Parker also loves to roll around the living room and down the hall inside one of the tubes too, although I'm still so surprised that he never runs in to a million things.
I have found a new hobby. While I still love making cakes... (this is one I made for a baby shower)
...my friends and I have recently learned to decorate hair clips. They are so fun and so easy, and I love making them!! Here are some of the clips I've made:
and here are some of the bugs I have made.
And here's a little update about Maddie. Have you noticed anything different about her in the last few months? Well, here's a picture of her taken back in January.
and another in February. See all her hair? See how long it was getting? See how gorgeous it was??? . . .
. . . And then this was her in early April.
What?????So around the end of Feb/early March, Maddie's hair started falling out. This was quite alarming I assure you. We took her to the doc who said he had never seen a toddler's hair fall out like this, and he sent us to a dermatologist. Well it ended up being a simple but ridiculous cause. Because Maddie had been anemic from Oct-Feb, it had paused her hair growth. Then once her hair started growing again when she was finally not anemic (it took FOREVER for us to get her levels back up!), it was pushing all the dead hair out to made room for the new growing hair. So she was losing her hair. It was funny though, because most of the hair she lost was from her right side of her head and not from her left. As you can see from the picture above, she lost most of her bangs and as you can kind of see from the picture below, she's pretty close to having a bald spot on the back of her head on her right side. We've had to trim her hair several times to even it up so that she wouldn't have hair down to her shoulders on her left side, and practically no hair on her right. Poor girl!!
But at last her hair has finally finally finally started to grow back. She has bangs again and her hair is long enough (beside her baldish spot) for me to put hair clips in again. We'll see how long it takes before I can put her hair in pig tails again (pout pout).
Our whole family will be in Pittsburgh for six weeks starting July 28th (July 28th-Sept 8th) while Ben has that time in between semesters. Me and the kids get to spend lots of time with my family and friends that are there, and Ben will be helping my sister with her home security business there. Well, that's all for the update for now. Hopefully it won't take me two months again to post, but we'll see. Hope you're all doing well!!


4 comments:
Okay, your kids are so cute!!! And - he he - Nona has the same underwear as Parker. :) So I must ask what hair product makes Joslin's curls so perfect? I'd like to use it on my kids! And we'll be in Pittsburgh in early August!!! We'll have friends with us and only be there for like 2 days, but we'll try to call. :) And are you selling your bows? I'm completely inept at making them, but I'd love to have some! Glad things are going well....
Wow, you've been busy! I was thinking that the delay in posting might have to do with the same reason I haven't been blogging... any buns in the oven?
That is so crazy about Maddy's hair. I've made some hair bows too, but haven't in a while because Ellie still has no hair to clip them in :( Your kids are cute.
Oh wohoo, finally news from the Lewis family again! I love to read all about the kids! That sure was sad to read aboutMaddies hair. Poor girl!
I think that time-out photo is hilarious. I love it when the little ones try so hard to copy the big brother.
Wow, sounds like you've been busy. Your kids look like they're such great friends, that is so so fun! Love all the bows, you are really good! Maddie's hair is adorable... glad it's finally coming back. And, by the way, you should totally run the 5K with your friends! It's SO rewarding!
Post a Comment