Sunday, September 26, 2010

He's here!

Jared Ray Lewis has arrived! Jared was born Sept 17th at 7:42am, weighing 7lbs 11oz.


Jared Ray Lewis was born Friday, Sept 17th at 7:42am. The cesarean went well, Jared was born healthy, and he is all we could have wished for! I went into the hospital at 5:30am, and the surgery started at 7:30am. Everything went pretty well. The hardest part was getting my i.v. in. :( Two nurses blew 4 veins trying (yeah, my arms are a rainbow of colors), then they had to call in the anesthesiologist and he got it in on his second try. I had a little problem when the anesthesiologist first did the epidural, but other than that the rest went great. I was actually surprised at how fast they were in getting in and getting Jared out. It took my doc in Oregon a half hour to get Maddie out, but only 12 minutes for Jared. Wow.

Our little guy is the most content baby I've seen (knock on wood). He hardly ever cries, and just eats and sleeps and looks around while he's awake. Parker and Maddie both love him, and Maddie especially loves him up and wants to hold him all the time (hence why we have a ton of pics of Maddie holding Jared and only a few of Parker).

Here I am before the surgery


Ben and I waiting

Surgery.... fun....

Finally get to hold my little guy for the first time in the post-op room


The three of us in the post-op room (yes, I was stoned at that time-lol)

Ben and Baby J

The first time the kids came to see me and Jared at the hospital



Madisyn is constantly kissing Jared, asking to hold him, and saying she wants to "pet" him (rub his head)




Baby J, 8 1/2 hours old

My wonderful mother who is out here helping for a few weeks. Thank heavens for mothers!!!


Jared, 3 days old

3 days old

Getting ready to come home from the hospital

All tucked in and ready



The kids, of course, had to help carry the baby out.

All three squished in our car. We can't wait til Ben graduates in December and we can hopefully get a van!! (never thought I'd be saying that-lol)

Jared 4 days old

Maddie helping feed Jared his first bottle. Thank heavens for pumps!

We are so blessed to have this little guy in our family. We love him so much!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay you updated! can't get enough of pics of baby jared and you guys lovin him! love ya! ~your favorite person, jessica christensen

MegJill said...

Congratulations!!! Jared looks really cute, and Madi lovin' on him is adorable. (Love those ladybug bows you make. She had one in her hair in one of the pictures.)
Let's all hope he keeps being a content baby! Hmmm. I always want my mom or MaJo to come help when we have babies and no one ever does! I might have to borrow your mom. :)

Mabeys said...

Congrats, Nic! Maddie is so darn cute with her brother. I wanna give them a squeeze! Give your mommy a hug for me and tell her I love her!

evamarie said...

Congrats!! He's so beautiful!!