I haven't posted anything for a long time-it's just been so crazy since we got back from Portland. Ben started taking classes back at BYUI to finish his business degree (it'll take him a little over 2 years to finish), I've been playing catchup on SOO many things, I've still been babysitting Taylor (the little girl who is Maddie's age), and we've had quite a few birthdays and showers and baby births that have happened as well. So I'll just tell about a few little things that have happened.
Before we left Portland, Ben & Parker went to a workshop for kids at Home Depot. They are free workshops that they have the first Saturday of every month, and the kids get to use tools to make stuff. Parker is getting old enough where he really likes that kind of thing, so he had a good time with Dad. They made book shelf ends that are helmets (they put stickers on them later too).

One of Parker's friends (our downstairs neighbor's little boy) turned two on the 12th. For his birthday we all went to a really fun place called "Blast Off." It has a huge area of tubes the kids climb through, ball pits, slides, climbing things, etc. One of the ball pits was a really deep one and we didn't know it when we put Maddie in, so she sunk in with the balls over her head. It was pretty funny how she slowly disappeared (which she didn't like of course). Parker really wants to go back, so we'll see if we have a chance to in the near future.



I didn't get very many pictures of Parker because he was running around way too fast, but I got some cute ones of Maddie. I love the squished nose!

Madisyn got her fourth tooth while we were in Portland, but it wasn't the one we expected. Instead of getting her other bottom tooth, she got the one next to the one she already had. So her smile is a little lopsided, but still super cute! (this isn't the best of pictures, but it shows her teeth really good)
My cousin, Esther (who I do all the cake decorating with) had her third child on New Years Eve. His name is Maxwell Thomas Haroldsen and he was 8 1/2ish pounds. What a cutie!
Then my good friend downstairs had her second child. Before she had her, we did a baby shower for her here at my apartment. I had fun making her a cute cake, and us girls had fun having a night out together.

She had her baby a week ago, and they named her Ayrdrie (air-dree) Jane Rideout, and she was SO tiny-5lbs 14oz and 20 inches long. I guess that's the size Parker was, but it looks so tiny from what I'm used to!

Quite a few times lately, Madisyn has woken up with the craziest bed head ever! So I've taken a few pictures of it just for fun. Here's a couple of them.

I didn't get the greatest of shots this time, but her hair was sticking straight out on one side.

This one is the best though!
It was Parker's third birthday today, so after I get pictures uploaded, I'll put those on as well. I can't believe my little guy is already THREE!
4 comments:
CUTE CUTE CAKE!!!! love the fun pictures as well.
Super cute! Love the HAIR!
I love your cake! So talented. And Maddys' hair is so funny...Evie has that a lot lately. (Poor Lizzie still has almost no hair...) I know what you mean about how old the kids are. Seriously, Evie turns three in two weeks! Yikes! That Home Depot workshop looks like it was really cool for Parker!
Happy Birthday, Parker! I also can't believe he is three already!
We sometimes come up and go to Blast Off. It is such a neat, fun place! Oh, and we'll have to check out the schedule for Home Depot things. Aiden would love that!
Post a Comment