Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just a few more...

K, This is the last of my pictures (I told you I had a ton!). I got a few pictures of the kids in their cute church clothes, so here they are.


Syd and brother Clark




Me and the kids (the sun was very bright)


My mom loves little sailor outfits, so she always finds cute ones to send us. So here's Maddie in her sailor outfit from Grandma Haroldsen




So I'll tell about a few of our misadventures that we had amidst the fun. To start out, Maddie got an ear infection the day after I booked our tickets, just a week before we flew. So we got her on antibiotics, but went back the day before we left and found out that it had not only not cleared up, but now she had a double ear infection! We had to get her on new antibiotics, drug her up for the flight, and hope for the best. She actually did quite well on the plane and didn't seem bothered by her ears at all (thank heavens!!). Then I ended up forgetting her new antibiotics in Utah, had to have the doctor fax down another prescription, and paid $135 for her new one. Oy!! She also started getting her molars while we were there, which I would never have thought to looke for except I just happened to glance in her mouth at the right moment. She only has two of her top teeth and three of her bottom, so her molars are totally unexpected. It made her not the happiest of kids while we were there, but we managed.


Then I got a real good cold (which I hardly ever get sick, so good timing!) the day before we left as well and I ended up getting a double inner ear infection a few days later. So I was naseous, sick (vomiting), and miserable for a good day or so. My doctor had to fax in yet another prescription for us down there (good thing he knows us so well!) and we had to pay out of pocket again. Although the pain and the sickness finally passed, my ears are still completely plugged up. I went to our doctor on Monday when we had gotten back, and I still have fluid stuck in both ears. They did a test on my eardrums, and my left eardrum isn't moving at all (which explains why I can't hear!) and my right one is moving just a little. All they can do is give me a decongestant and antihistimane and hope it will help open my ear passageways. If not, it could be 3-6 MONTHS before they would try something further. Great, huh? Let's hope I'm not deaf for that long! Other than that, as you can see from the pictures we had an awesome time. Parker really misses Sydney, and keeps asking about going back to her house. It is so sad to try to explain why we won't see them for a long time. :-( Luckily Jess and the kids have something to look forward to: Renn comes home from Kuwait in a week! Yeah! We miss you, Jess, Syd, Linc, & Clark so much!!

No comments: