Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Planes, Planes, and more Planes

Since Arizona is really dry (go figure, it's a desert!), the Air Force stores all of their extra planes at the Air Force Base where Jess lives. They would use these if they were needed for a bigger war. We drove by where they store them and there are just fields and fields and fields of planes. There are all different kinds: small one-man planes, bombers, helicopters, etc. There were planes as far as your eyes could see. It was amazing! I snapped some pictures of them, but I wish I could have gotten better ones that would really show what we saw. But here are a few.







This is actually the type of plane that Renn (Jessica's husband) works on in Kuwait. He is an electrical engineer, and this is a cargo-type plane from what I understand. Renn's division does all the electrical side of warfare, stuff like jamming radar and other things like that.



Then there is a mini museum-type area where they have a older planes on display. So I took Parker & Sydney there one day to see the planes up close. Syd had seen them before of course, and Parker was thoroughly amazed, especially since he could touch these ones.




C-130A Hercules cargo plane


H-3 Helicopter, aka: "Jolly Green Giant" (for real!)








Monument commemorating those who flew against North Vietnam



2 comments:

Phoenix Portland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
We love our Granny ! said...

Aw, we love looking at your Arizona photos! Since Pashi was born there we are true Arizona fans (just as we are Oregon fans since Lilith was born there :)
We are very happy to see you had such a great time! By the way, Pashi and I have the same (exactly the same) issue with our ears. My hearing has started to improve again, but it seems that Pashi will have to go for a little surgery. His language development has greatly suffered from him not hearing well at all :(
Lilith has started to walk, yes, but she is always so scared of falling... what a girl (very different from Pashi)..