Sunday, December 27, 2009

October

While the kids and I were in Tucson, my sister-in-law Heather (Ben's youngest sister) moved in with us. So the first weekend we were back we took her to Jackson Hole (Wyoming). It's this cute little western tourist town right in a valley in the mountains. The drive up there was gorgeous and it was cool to go around the shops and see all of their things (lots of pricey artwork, statues, furniture, home furnishings, etc). Even though it was just the beginning of October, it was cold up there already (30 degrees the day we went I think). Next year we're definitely going a little earlier in the season!

In the middle of their town they have a park area that has antler arches at each entrance. The boy scouts went and collected the antlers from around the area and they built the arches out of them.



This was the first snow the kids saw this season and I think that was probably their favorite part!

Ice cream! (even though it was freezing)

(she was concentrating very hard on getting all the ice cream)

I love the beautiful mountains!!

Maddie turned two on October 13th. I made her a monkey cake and we had a few friends over to celebrate. I know everyone says this about their kids, but I can't believe how fast she has grown!!



Here's Maddie's two yr studio photos

We got to go to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins this year. They had a train there (which Parker really liked, and yet was afraid of), a hay maze, food to eat, and of course pumpkins to pick.







We took Heather up to Rexburg to see the campus and the new temple. The leaves were still changing colors there which made the gardens beautiful. The kids enjoyed watching the fish in the different ponds and running around in the leaves.



The new Rexburg LDS Temple

For Halloween we made tombstone cupcakes, carved our big pumpkins from the pumpkin patch, painted mini pumpkins with the neighbors, and went trick-or-treating.







Trick-or-treating at Melaleuca:
Video of the kids trick-or-treating


I also got their Halloween pictures taken at a studio.

1 comment:

We love our Granny ! said...

I am so happy to see all the photos! :) we miss you!