Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our moving experience

Well, the move went good and we're finally mostly settled. We got here last Saturday and unloaded the truck, and we've been unpacking since. Thank heavens our new place has a garage. We have so much stuff out there that I don't know what we'd do without having it! The kids have adjusted well. However, about 2 days after we got here, we were in the apartment doing stuff and Parker said, "I wanna go home. Let's go home Mommy." I told him that this is our new home and he said, "Oh. Okay." So I think he understands now. But he still asks to go to his cousin Porter's house every once in a while. We just got the Internet hooked up, so I'm putting some pictures of the moving truck and stuff.


Parker inside the truck before we started loading.

Heather, Maddie, Parker, & Grandma Lewis

Ben, Maddie, Parker, & I in the back of our truck after it was loaded.


Parker helping Daddy "drive" the truck.

Cousin Cole holding Maddie before we left.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

That truck is huge! I'll bet it was harder to drive than a small car...

I'm so glad you made it safely. And that the kids are adjusting well and everything. Hope the serious 'unpacking' end goes as smoothly for you!

Sarah and Doug said...

So glad you guys made it safe! Post pics of your place soon!