We've been here for two weeks now, so we thought it was about time to go visit the old college town, Rexburg. We went up on Saturday and walked around campus with the kids, and went to the new temple there as well. Then we visited Mill Hollow for old time's sake (a frozen yogurt shop we used to go to all the time), and headed home. For all us alumni of Ricks/BYUI, I'll tell you we were amazed by how much has changed and is changing! The last time we were there at school was 4 years ago. They had had the Hinckley building for about a year, and the rebuilt Spori building for about a year as well. Now they have a whole new addition to the Snow building, beautiful landscaping all around the Spori, a new children's center (for Children's Ed classes) by the Clark, new computer lab where the Testing Center used to be, and the New Thomas E. Ricks building. Then they are adding an addition onto the Manwaring Center, and building something huge where the old practice fields used to be. It was crazy how much construction work there was!
+Ben,+Maddie,+Parker,+%26+Nic+outside+Spori.JPG)
Our family outside the Spori
+Maddie+%26+Parker+at+BYUI+gardens.JPG)
Maddie and Parker in the gardens
Parker, Ben, and Maddie in the gardens
+Parker,+Nic,+Ben,+%26+Maddie+at+BYUI.JPG)
In the gardens, Hinckley building in the back
The new Rexburg Temple
4 comments:
OOO I'm so jealous! I've been having an itch to go back there soon and see things and eat Mill Hollow and remember all our fun memories! I'm jealous! What a fun trip! The temple is gorgeous!
oh gosh, seeing these pictures is making me miss Rexburg sooo bad! I didn't think I would, but I do! We when I left they were just breaking ground on the temple, but I can only imagine what the place looks like now. That's fun you got to go back- we need a roomie reunion there!
wow! the temple is beautiful! it hardly looks real. I can't imagine Ricks changing so much, it's really sad to me. I remember my parents always commenting on how things had changed when we visited some place from their past. And now I can't help but do it. Anyway, your kids are stinking cute, maddie is looking so much older and the pig tails are awesome!
That temple is beautiful! I bet it was fun going back there to visit!
Post a Comment