Both of the kids went to the doctor for well child visits, Parker's 2 1/2 yr and Madisyn's 9 mo. Parker is 25 lbs (still!) and 37.5 inches long. That's the 5th percentile for his weight, but 85th for his height. So I guess he'll just be tall and skinny like his uncle David. Maddie is now 16 lbs 9oz, and 27.5 inches long (10th percentile for weight and 50th for height).
Parker is saying 8/9 word sentences, and is like a parrot these days. He literally repeats just about everything we say, even if it's not to him. He is getting ready to start potty training soon (yeah!!). He's still a little young, but in a few months we'll start giving it a go. Madisyn is still scooting along all over the floor, and pulling up on everything. She's still not officially crawling, but she has stood by herself for a few seconds just a few times. Maybe she'll be one of those that skips crawling and goes to walking. Who knows, we'll see. She loves saying Hi (which you'll see in the next post), can go from her belly to a sit, loves drinking from her sippy and "big person" cups, and loves imitating things that we do. She is still such a happy baby, and we love her to bits!! Parker loves his little sister a lot, and loves going into her room to get her when she wakes up in the morning. Whenever he hears her he says, "Oh, Maddie's up!" and runs in there. She gets so excited to see him, too, and it's way cute. He also loves getting her to say "Hi" and loves playing with her (even though his idea of playing is to take all the toys from her and have her watch him).
We haven't done anything else that's much exciting, just the every day stuff. I'm going to put a few random videos up for my next post, and here's a few cute pictures of Maddie from the last month.
One time after Maddie had fallen asleep, I went in to check on her and this is how I found her. She had fallen asleep holding on to her bumper, which she was pulling on so that she could see out of her crib (this was before she was able to stand up in her crib). Cute, huh?
This is an outfit that we got from Ross. I love how cute it is!


3 comments:
What cute pictures! It seems we are both destined to have low-weight children! Neither of mine seem to tilt the scales of the growth charts either! Glad I got to visit with you last week. It really was fun!
Nice crib, there! :o) I love the picture of Maddie leaning on the couch! What a doll! I hope things are going well with you - we pack up and leave the 15th. AAAAHHH!!!
Oh, she is such a cute, happy baby. That outfit you picked out for her is totally you- with the do-rag. So cute.
Post a Comment