My cousin's little girl just turned three and they decided to have a princess birthday party for her (since she's obsessed with princess stuff). Esther and I decided to use her castle kit to make a princess castle for Audrey. It turned out SOOOO cute. I have to give most of the credit to Esther though. She has the aesthetic eye and knows how to add stuff to make it more cute, and I'm just the helper/worker. The castle kit came with plain white towers, front door, and windows. So we used fondant and icing to cover them and decorate them, we added fondant flowers, buttercream icing leaves, and sugar flakes on top. We're thinking of someday selling birthday/wedding/anniversary cakes because that would be loads of fun. But it does take a lot of time, which we don't have as much of while our kids are little. Maybe someday though. Anyway. Audrey had her party last night and all the little girls were dressed up as princesses. They did a cake walk game, pin the necklace on the princess, ate cake, and watched a princess movie. Audrey really liked the castle cake, and the girls had fun eating it.
Overall view of the castle
Front of the castle
Side view
The "princesses" doing the cake walk
Alyssa and Audrey watching as the candles are lit
P.S. We are headed to Portland on Saturday for the holidays. We are so excited to return home, to be with our family, and to see some of our friends! Hopefully the trip will go smoothly (considering all the snow we've gotten and the mountains we go through) and the kids will be okay for the 12-14 hour drive!
5 comments:
Nic,
Thanks so much for making the cake and for coming to Audrey's party!!! I think it was a lot of fun for all the little girls, even though they could barely all fit in our tiny living room! The cake was absolutely beautiful, and it also tasted really good. Audrey had more of cake today.
I hope that all of you had fun and that it wasn't too crowded! Thanks again for the cake, and for the pony (which Audrey and the other kids love. Be safe driving and we'll see you after Christmas!!!
Holy cow! THAT CAKE IS AMAZING!!!
SOOOO AWESOME!!! I could read about and look at your pictures of cakes all day long. I think they are stunning and you have a gift. just the other day I showed my sister your blog and showed her your cakes. I really mean it. I LOVE THEM!!!!
That is BEAUTIFUL!!!
them haroldsen's are so talented! (hee hee)good job to both of you. -jess
Post a Comment