Saturday, January 24, 2009

Parker's 3rd Birthday

Thursday was Parker's third birthday. We had a party for him here at our apartment and started with a pizza lunch, then let the kids play for a while, and had cake and ice cream. Parker was really excited for his birthday this year and couldn't wait for it to come. He helped pick out his birthday cake, helped put on the M&Ms, and taste-tested the frosting for me. :-) The party was a little chaotic with so many kids and adults crammed into our apartment, but Parker had a really good time and I'm just glad he had fun.



Here's some of the kids that we managed to squeeze in around our little four person table. We have a little kid table too where 5 others were sitting.

Another party shot

My little guy is already three! Happy Birthday Parker!

This is one of Parker's birthday presents-a really cool set of dinosaurs (his first set) from Grandma & Grandpa Haroldsen
Then yesterday (and today) it snowed all day. We've gotten at least 6 inches, which isn't a ton but is still quite a bit. I had to go to the store today and I almost got stuck on one of the side streets. Anyway. Parker has been waiting and waiting for some fresh snow so that we could go out and play and build a snowman (we haven't had new snow since right after Christmas I believe), so he was really excited to wake up to lots of snow. Since I had Taylor all day yesterday and Ben was at class, I traipsed out with all three kids. The girls don't have boots (I haven't been able to find some for Maddie that are small enough-size three), so I stayed in the parking lot with them while Parker played just off the lot in the lawn. It was actually the first time Madisyn has been out in the snow and she really liked it at first. Then she fell a few times (face planted it twice actually), and then she didn't like it as much. But it was still a lot of fun and I'm glad Parker got to get out finally. We also went out again today with Ben, but I didn't take pictures this time.
Parker and his friend Emily

Maddie ready for some action

Taylor (who is 16 mo) and Maddie (who is 15 mo)

Brother and sister together

Madisyn, Parker, & Taylor

And here's a video of Maddie in the snow

4 comments:

Claire said...

Happy birthday, Parker!!! Gotta love the snow!

MegJill said...

Happy Birthday, Parker! That cake is adorable!!!

Melinda said...

I love, LOVE your cake! I seriously need to take a class because I'm getting so jealous at the adorable things you and Esther crank out! (On the other hand, I'm really excited for Evie's cake...keep watching!) Cute pictures of the kids in the snow! I barely ever take the girls out, especially since we're having sub-zero temps lately. Happy Birthday, Parker!

Ina & co. said...

Happy Birthday Parker! And I LOVE your cakes!!!!!